The Dirección General de Promoción Cultural de la Consejería de Cultura de la Comunidad de Madrid and Ediciones Anómalas announce the fifth edition of the Fotocanal Photobook Competition. The winning book will be edited, published and distributed jointly by the Comunidad de Madrid and Ediciones Anómalas.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The competition is open to all photographers who wish to enter, whatever their age, wherever they are from or where they live.
- The theme of the competition is entirely open. The work must not have been published elsewhere or have appeared in any book. The photographer must be sole copyright owner of the work.
- Contestants are required to send a dossier containing:
– A statement of the project and the photographer’s CV in Spanish or English, in pdf format.
– A series of 30 to 60 photographs in jpeg, of approximately 1500×2000 pixels and 72 dpi.
The complete dossier can be sent via wetransfer or dropbox to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Physical printed books will not be accepted, but if a developed maquette already exists, it can be sent as a pdf to the same address. Completed maquettes will be judged in exactly the same way as photographic series.
- If selected, the contestants will agree to submit all images in TIFF format with a minimum width of 30cm and 300dpi.
- Entries which do not meet the specified conditions will not be accepted.
- The jury will decide the winning entry, based on the quality of the project and its narrative possibilities. The judging panel will include professionals of renowned standing and also representatives of Comunidad de Madrid.
- The co-editors will sign a publishing contract with the winning photographer, in which payment for copyright will be agreed.
- The co-editors will make every effort to ensure the successful publication of the book. They will be responsible for editing, design, pre-press, printing, distribution and promotion of the book through their national and international channels.
Registration deadline: 15th January 2021.
Winner announcement: February 2021.
Book publication: First six months 2021.